He laid down His life for us.
We should also lay down our lives for our brothers.
I John 3:16
Life can get hard. Can I hear an amen? We get busy. We get sick. We are mistreated. Life can be tough on us. And when these things happen, we are normally quick to sulk or let the world know that we are having a hard time.
But too often the only way we notice that life is hard for our mate is when they start complaining about it. Then instead of genuinely caring or rushing to help, we might think they just have a bad attitude. We don't realize the pain they are in or pressure they are under. When we complain, what do we expect in return? For everyone to listen and for it to be made right. As quick as possible. But when our husband has these feelings and complains, we get mad at him. Pretty fair huh?
This doesn't happen when love is at work. Love doesn't have to be jarred awake by your mate's obvious signs of distress. When we love someone we should be sensitive to their feelings. We should be willing to sacrifice to help them.
Is your husband quiet, more quiet than normal? Does he complain? Does he seem tired or hurt? If he seems even the slightest bit "off" to you, stop and think.
- Is he "hungry" - needing your sexually, even when you don't feel like it?
- Is he "thirsty" - craving the time and attention you seem able to give everyone else?
- Does he feel like a "stranger" - insecure in his work, needing home to be a refuge and sanctuary?
- Is he "naked" - frightened or ashamed, desperate for the warm covering of your loving affirmation?
- Is he feeling "sick" - physically tired and needing you to help guard him from interruptions?
- Does he feel in "prison" - fearful and depressed needing some safety and intervention?
Then be willing to let true love step in, sacrifice if you need to, or allow them to talk if that is what they need and be ready to simply listen.
Are you willing to sacrifice for your husband?
What is one of the greatest needs in your spouse's life right now? Is there a need you could lift from their shoulders today by a daring act of sacrifice on your part? Whether the need is big or small, purpose to do what you can to meet this need.