And, since today is Valentine's Day...why not make 'Valentine' pancakes? I think whoever you are serving will love them, too!
Here's the fabulous recipe:
2 cup Flour
5 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Salt
6 Tbsp. sugar
2 cups Milk
oil (to coat pan)
1. Mix all ingredients together. Batter will be somewhat lumpy. Then divide the batter evenly into two bowls. Set one bowl aside.
2. Gently stir red food coloring into the second bowl until the batter turns a deep pink color.
3. Prepare a flattop griddle or pan with a little oil.
4. Cook pancakes until you have used all of the batter from both bowls. Make sure you make an even number of pancakes and that you have the same amount from each bowl.
5. When the pancakes are finished, place them on a wire cooling rack or a sheet of foil for two minutes. Then, transfer to a clean cutting board.
6. Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut a heart out of the center of each pancake .
7. Place a red mini-pancake heart in the center of each white pancake and a white mini-pancake heart in the center of each red pancake.
8. Serve with butter and if you like, you can also serve some warm syrup. Add some sliced strawberries for a festive look.
Mmmm...I think I might just have to do this for dinner myself. My honey will love it!