By: Melissa Baker
- 22 ounces frozen cheese ravioli
- 2 Half Sticks (1/2 cup) Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Extra basil for garnish, optional
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add a pinch of salt and cook ravioli according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
2. While the ravioli is cooking, make the butter sauce. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the shallot and cook until tender, about two minutes. Stir in the lemon zest, lemon juice, and basil. Cook for an additional 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Pour the ravioli in a serving bowl. Pour lemon basil butter sauce over the ravioli and stir gently to combine. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and extra basil, if desired. Serve immediately.