If you are like our family, every Easter we color Easter eggs with the kids. They love to color and decorate eggs. After Easter is over, we usually have A LOT of hard boiled eggs left over. We never want them to go to waste so we like to find recipes that we can use them in. This is a great recipe for all of those leftover hard boiled eggs that everyone is tired of eating. You can add to or take away from this recipe and make it your own. It's a great, grab and go recipe that adds a different flavor than just the plain boiled eggs. And the leftover eggs don't go to waste! Enjoy!
2 pound bulk pork sausage
1/4 Cup chopped sweet red pepper
1/4 Cup chopped green onions
1 package cream cheese (3 oz), cubed
1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies
3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1 Cup (4 oz.) pepper jack cheese
4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
Salsa, sour cream and sliced ripe olives, optional
1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, red pepper and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
2. Add the cream cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted.
3. Add the chilies, eggs and cheese.
4. Spoon 1/2 cup filling off center on each tortilla; fold ends and sides over filling and roll up.
5. Serve with salsa, sour cream and olives if desired.
Yield: 4 servings.