It's that time of week again, today I'm sharing a delicious recipe for Chicken Pot Pie! Thanks to my Aunt for sharing her version of the recipe. (she is a fabulous cook btw) I made a few adjustments to it and hubby even loved it and he's not much of a veggies person! So its going into the recipe book for sure :)
Here's the recipe:
2 T flour
1 T butter
1 1/2 c chicken broth
2/3 c peas
4 c cubed chicken (cooked) (or 3/4 lbs uncooked boneless chicken breast)***
2 stalks celery
2 large carrots
1 large onion
2 medium potatoes
1/8 t pepper
1/2 t salt
1 can cream of chicken soup
- Melt butter in pan, add chicken and fry a little.
- Add onions, celery, carrots and potatoes. Saute for a few minutes until veggies are soft. (if using uncooked chicken just saute until chicken is fully cooked.)
- Add flour and stir then add chicken broth slowly to avoid lumps.
- Add peas, salt, pepper, and cream of chicken soup.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 baking pan and top with crescent rolls.
- Bake at 375* for 15 minutes until Crescents are a golden brown.
*** I had some canned chicken on hand and didn't have time to wait until my chicken breasts thawed so I used that and it worked wonderfully...
I'm not a genius at rolling crescents rolls out to fit perfectly as you can very well see :( But 'hey' (using Uncle Si Robertson voice here) it didn't affect the flavor at all :)
And I forgot to take a picture when it was done baking... sigh.
''Joy is not the absence of trouble but the presence of God''