The last couple of weeks we talked about respecting our husband. One definition of respect, as found in the dictionary, is the condition of being esteemed or honored. So how can we esteem or honor our husband?
- Tell him how much you appreciate him. Take every opportunity to say thank you. Things like, "Thank you honey for going to work today. I know how hard you work to provide for our family.
- Tell others how much you appreciate him, especially your children. Let them know how much you respect and love him. Things like, " Look kids, daddy washed the van last night. That was so nice of him. He is so thoughtful."
- Try to help lighten his load. If he is having an especially busy week at work, see what you can do to help him out.
- When he is speaking, be sure to look him in the eye so he knows you are paying attention.
- If he is running late, don't be angry, instead thank him for working so hard.
- When the kids start to complain about dad's cruel punishment or dad missing an event, stop them. Defend him. Help the kids see that dad is being fair as he sees fit and we must respect his choice.
These are just a few ways to esteem, honor and respect your husband. What is something you do to show respect to your hubby?