By: Melissa Baker
|Recipe and Image courtesy of www.SpendWithPennies.com|
- 4 lbs red skinned potatoes
- 4 cloves fresh garlic
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup of sour cream (I use light)
- ½ cup of milk or cream (add more or less to taste)
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened (I used light)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 10 slices bacon, cooked crisp and chopped or ½ cup of bacon bits
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 green onion sliced
- 2 slices of bacon, cooked & crumbled
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375
- Wash potatoes, peel off about ⅔ of the skin, (leaving some on the potatoes) and chop into large chunks. Slice the cloves of garlic into 3 pieces each. Boil the potatoes and garlic in a large pot of water until potatoes are tender (about 15 minutes).
- Drain potatoes & garlic and mash slightly with a potato masher. Add in remaining ingredients (except toppings) and mash to desired consistency.
- Place into a casserole dish, add toppings and bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and potatoes are hot.