Christmas time is one of my favorite times of year. However, it is so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle and forget the true meaning of why we even have Christmas, even while chanting Jesus is the reason for the season. Today I want to share 5 simple ways to keep Christ at the forefront of your Christmas.
1. Do an Advent study. Advent started on November 27th, the Sunday following Thanksgiving, but honestly, it is never too late to join in. I've done several Advent studies that I enjoy, and I always love the She Reads Truth Advents. All you have to do is go to shereadstruth.com each day and read the Scriptures and devotion. Advent is a great way.
2. Post Scripture in your home. I am really big on having Scripture in my home. Each room in our house has Scripture posted somewhere. This Christmas we added a wooden piece that says A Savior is Born. It is the focal point in our living room which is a great reminder every time we look at it.
3. Set up a Nativity. My 2 year old nephew loves to look at our Nativity. He just stares and says over and over, "Baby Jesus." Place your Nativity somewhere that you and your family are going to see if often and when you look at it, pause and think of Jesus.
4. Look for ways to serve. I was challenged by Bob Van Zandt, the founder of SonGear to #bethegift this year. This means you look for ways to use your time and give of yourself to serve others. I am so excited about this! Look for ways to give of yourself and #bethegift.
5. Attend a Christmas service. I have heard over and over and over again of people complaining that Christmas is on a Sunday and they just don't have time to go to church. After all, they have so many things to do and so many people to see on Christmas day. Um...I just don't know what to say to that. I mean friends, really, think about this. Jesus is the entire reason we have Christmas to celebrate. He is the reason we are alive this very moment. It's all about Him! How can we not attend a Christmas service? How can we not joyfully attend a service where we are going to worship with our church family? Oh friends, please, please, please, attend a Christmas service.
What are other ways you intentionally keep Christ in your Christmas? Share in the comments!
We are thrilled and honored to bring you the 5th annual Christmas Blessing Giveaway!
One blessed reader is going to win $200 in Paypal cash.
Please visit and support our participating bloggers:
Whole Family Strong
Giveaway rules: No purchase necessary. Must be 18 to enter. Void where prohibited by law. Open to US and Canada residents only. This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or associated by Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Pinterest. By entering this giveaway, you agree to release Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Woman to Woman Ministries and all participating bloggers of all liability. Contest ends at 11:59PM CST on December 11, 2016. Winner is randomly chosen by Rafflecopter and will be emailed.