- 1 lb lean ground beef (85%-90% lean)
- 1 tbs mild chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 8-oz cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup sour cream mixed with 1 tsp mild chili powder
- 3/4 cup jarred salsa, pico de gallo or homemade salsa
- sliced black olives, chopped tomatoes, diced red onion (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Brown ground beef with chili powder, cumin salt and pepper in a large skillet.
2. On a pizza stone, greased cookie sheet or pizza pan, arrange crescent rolls in a circle, with shortest tips pointing out and the widest ends overlapping slightly. Press the ends together to form a smooth circle of dough.
3. Spoon ground beef mixture over widest part of the dough in a circle. Sprinkle shredded cheese over top.
4. Fold pointed parts of crescent roll dough over ground beef mixture, tucking to secure. The dough will not cover the ground beef completely.
5. Bake 20-22 minutes until rolls are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Transfer to a serving platter, if you like.
6. Place shredded lettuce in the center of the taco ring. Top with sour cream mixture, pico de gallo and any additional taco fixings you like.
Makes 1 taco ring that easily serves 4.