Recipe courtesy of www.food.com
By: Melissa Baker
Prep time: 20 minutesCook time: 2 hours 20 minutesTotal time: 2 hours 40 minutes
1 -1 1/2 lb cubed beef stew meat
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 carrot, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery, with a few minced leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 pinch thyme
- 3 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 onions, diced
1. Put flour, salt and pepper in a large ziploc bag.
2. Heat oil over medium heat in a large dutch oven.
3. Place meat in bag with the flour and shake well until well coated.
4. Shake off meat pieces and add them to the oil and stir until slightly browned. Add remaining flour from the bag and finely chopped onion.
5. Stir until well browned.
6. Add finely chopped carrot and next 4 ingredients.
7. Cover and cook over low heat for 1 1/2 hours (stirring every 15 minutes)
8. Add diced potatoes, carrots, and onions, cook for another 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender.