This is a recipe that I have been wanting to try for a while now. I have seen several variations of this recipe, using different ingredients and substitutes. If you are not a fan of pork, you can use chicken instead. It looks and sounds extremely tasty! I can't wait to give this recipe a try!!
6-7 pork chops (boneless chops that are about 1/2" thick)
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 (14 oz) can chicken broth
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1 (4 oz) can diced green chilis
1 (1 oz) packet taco seasoning
1 cup uncooked long grain rice
1/2 cup onion, diced
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup colby jack cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper.
3. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat and brown pork chops (about 2-3 minutes each side, turning once).
4. Spray a 13x9" baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and pour the chicken broth, tomato sauce, green chilis, taco seasoning, uncooked rice, and onion; mix together until completely incorporated.
5. Place the pork chops on top of the rice mixture and top with the green and red peppers. Cover with aluminum foil and cook for about 60 minutes or until the rice is tender.
6. Remove from oven and top with cheese. Let the cheese melt for a couple of minutes and then enjoy!