Thursday, May 24, 2012
Another Opportunity to Count Our Blessings...
God has truly blessed me...each and every day. I am counting down those blessings for the year 2012. It is amazing when you stop to actually focus on the things in your life what you know are a blessing from the Lord.
Today, I am thankful for...
206. ... a wonderful birthday celebration for a loved granddaughter.
209. ... the beautiful weather with allows for an evening 'bike' (motorcycle) ride with my hubby.
210. ... summer men's softball.
211. ... seeing our church family all wearing their 'ball' shirts to support our men's softball team.
212. ... watching my son coach the softball team to a win.
213. ... seeing the excitement in a friends face as she explains what she is going to be teaching our Wednesday Night Bible-time Kidz class for the next few months.
214. ... watching my baby as the joy of the Lord begins to return to her life.
215. ... a daughter that saw a need and took it upon herself to fulfill that need.
216. ... Wednesday night prayer with my church family.
217. ... reassurances from friends and family that give me confidence.
218. ... showers after a dusty night at the race track with my hubby.
219. ... the sweet little birdies that have once again made a nest in my chimney! (Ugh)
220. ... the willingness of my beautiful mama and handsome daddy to take my 4-legged babies for a weekend even though they already have 3 of their own.
221. ... the opportunity to get away for a long weekend for some much needed 'R & R.'
222. ... my hubby's safety conscious mind.
223. ... my hubby's excitement as he tells a one of his customers about the ministry that his wife and daughter are involved in...Woman to Woman, and how he shares the magazine with this customer.
224. ... being told by my hubby that he is proud of me and the job I am doing.
225. ... the rare opportunities when my amazing parents surprise me at church and I can watch their faces as I preach.
So much to be thankful for... God is a good God and He is full of mercy and grace! What are you thanking God for today? Take a few minutes to actually 'count' some of your blessings. You may realize you are much more blessed than you thought!
Have a great Memorial Day...and thank a soldier, should the opportunity arise, for the job he/she does to help us stay free!