We women can surely be irritable creatures, can't we? So many things can happen to irritate us. Husband forgets to put shoes up, doesn't put the toilet seat down, forgets a special day, I could go on and on. You are probably thinking right now of those little pet peeves you have. There are so many things that make us mad. True love is hard to offend and quick to forgive.
Let's look at the reasons we become irritable.
Stress. Stress in our life often cause us to be irritable, even with innocent bystanders. How can we reduce the stress in our life so that we are not irritable?
- Learn to balance your life and set priorities.
- Leave your problems at the foot of the cross and trust in Jesus.
Tiredness. When we are tired, we are irritable. Don't deny it, you know when you are tired you are irritable.
- Strive to get six-eight hours of sleep a night. If you have little ones that wake up in the night, nap when they nap during the day.
- Even through your crazy busy schedule, plan at least one night a week of absolutely nothing. Use this night to relax at home with your family.
Selfishness. Often times when we are irritable it is because we did not get our own way and we are being selfish.
- Think of others first.
- Do unto others as you would have them do to you.
Menstruation. Let's face it ladies. When our 'friend' comes to visit, we are grouchy. Now I completely understand the discomfort and pain. But it never gives us the right to be irritable and bite our husband's head off just for walking in the room.
- Always remember that God created us this way and through Him, we can overcome the emotions that come along with this time of the month.
- During this time, be sure to get extra rest, drink extra water and try taking some walks out in the fresh air.
When under pressure, love doesn't turn sour. Minor problems don't yield major reactions. The truth is, love does not get angry or hurt unless there is a legitimate and just reason in the sight of God. Being a woman of God means we can overcome the feelings of irritability and truly love our husband.
Choose today to react to tough circumstances in your marriage in loving ways instead of with irritation. Begin by making a list of areas where you need to add margin to your schedule. Then list any wrong motivations that you need to release from your life.
Please comment below or over on our Facebook page with your thoughts on today's dare.